Saturday 13 August 2011

OH it's going down in London town!

Why is it going down? Because to kick off this blog into a whole load of amusingness I’m going to start with the first project I have been given for my course. MY BRIEF-
I’m a journalist reporting from Flanders sometime between 1914-1918. I have found a village home or farmhouse that has been affected, although not severely, by the ravages of the War around it. I decide to report on the life of the people that live there.
I’ve got to create a visual report on what I found, what the rooms looked like, what they contained (interiors, furnishings, kitchen-paraphernalia, found objects), who the occupants were and how they were dressed (materials, colours, styles, etc).
MY TASK is to create an illustrated double-page magazine spread on what I witnessed. With that I have to create an A4 research journal of all the material and sources I found and sifted through to create the magazine spread.
(This is what I’m most excited about) And along with that, I have to consider what objects or clothes that could be found there might look like, and what traces they may bear of the surrounding conflict. My mission is to recreate an item that might be found there.
Right, well, nobody goes on an adventure without the tools to help them along the way, so my tools are going to be research. I’ve planned a visit to the Imperial War Museum and the V&A in London on the 26th of August in hope of getting enough information to inspire me to create something that looks like it was stolen from that time. I can honestly say I’m extremely excited about this project and I can’t wait to see what I find!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn

    It was good to see the 3D piece you made in response to this brief - and to hear the narrative. Looking forward to seeing more work emerge soon.

    ReplyDelete